A primary element of the law of Attraction, and being a deliberate creator, is focus. You are always focusing on something, whether intentionally or by default. But our society has become addicted to stimulation and most people allow the distractions of the day to dictate what they think about. This causes scattered thoughts and lack of focus.
A recent survey of my newsletter subscribers asked the question: "What are the main obstacles regarding the implementation of the Law of Attraction in your daily life?" The number one answer was lack of focus (41%).
To apply the Law of Attraction deliberately and successfully, it is important to develop the ability and skill to focus your thoughts. The following ten tips will help you to keep your attention on your vision.
1. Prioritize Your Goals. Make a decision on which area of your life you would like to work on first; health, money, relationship, etc. Then break that down into manageable goals, concentrating on 1-3 intentions at a time within that area. If you want to clean up your vibration about money, you could set the intention to pay off your debts, find a better paying job, or start your own business. When you get the hang of manifesting you can increase the number of goals to work on.
2. Minimize Distractions. Take an honest look at your lifestyle and schedule and decide what your distractions are. What can you give up to help you feel more at ease? A relaxed environment allows for a relaxed mind, and a relaxed mind allows for clearer focus. For starters, consider turning off the television and avoid reading the news for a while. These can be positive energy robbers and can draw your attention away from the joyful life you are trying to create.
3. Have a Routine. Get into the habit of deliberate focusing. Making a commitment to set time aside every day will help immensely in creating lasting changes. Use this time to meditate, imagine, repeat affirmations, or use any other process or game that helps you focus your attention.
4. Meditate Daily. If you are used to constant stimulation and are new to meditation, it might be a challenge for you at first. But it is truly worth taking the time to learn. Meditationis an invaluable process to enhance your focusing power, and to train your vibration away from patterns of resistance and towards patterns of allowing.
5. Release Resistance. Your belief that you are unable, or don't have time to focus is resistance to your ability to do so. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), also known as Tapping, is the best tool I know of to release that resistance and change you habitual thinking. You could use statements such as "Even though I have trouble focusing..." or "Even though my thoughts feel scattered..." If you are not familiar with EFT, there are many great resources on the internet that explains the tapping process. It's easy to learn and can be used on every area of your life that needs improvement.
6. Do a Focus Wheel. In the book Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks, Abraham offers the Focus Wheel Process to help you focus your attention on what you want. To make a Focus Wheel, draw a small circle in the center of a piece of paper with a larger circle around it reaching to the edges of the paper. Write your desire in the center circle and positive statements and phrases around the outer circle that match your desire. This process will help you improve your feeling of clarity and shift the energy of your emotions.
7. Create a Vision Board. If you are a visual person like I am, a vision board is the perfect way to capture your attention on a daily basis. Create a board that represents what you are focusing on and put it somewhere where you will see it often. This will be a continual reminder for you to keep your thoughts flowing in the direction you want them to flow.
8. Repeat Affirmations. Repeating affirmations throughout the day will help keep your thoughts in alignment with your intentions. It is a powerful way to change your beliefs, and therefore manifest what you want. Keep it simple. Choose one or two and repeat often throughout the day.
9. Have a Support System. It is helpful to have someone to inspire and uplift you, and who can gently keep you on track. Choose someone who is supportive and encouraging, who holds the highest vision of who you really are. This can be a spouse, relative, friend, or coach.
10. Seek Inspiration. Immerse yourself in positive energy resources about the topic you are focusing on. Listen to videos, read books, etc. to keep you motivated and excited. I highly recommend any or all of the teachings of Abraham. You can find books on Amazon (written by Esther and Jerry Hicks) or videos on YouTube (search for Abraham-Hicks).
Remember, it took a period of time for you to get to the place of scattered thinking, so don't beat yourself up if you have trouble staying on track in the beginning. If you find yourself drifting off course, just gently bring yourself back. It takes time to retrain your mind to think in ways that are more in alignment with your desires. Whatever you do, don't give up! Your ideal life is ready and waiting for you!